Location: Sydney, Australia
By Charlotte is now seeking a CAD Designer to join the brand. This role is a full-time position and will be based at the By Charlotte Support Office in Alexandria.
Founded in 2012 by former makeup artist Charlotte Blakeney, Australian jewellery brand By Charlotte was created to connect hearts and minds.
Each collection is beautifully crafted from sterling silver, vermeil and 14k gold and features signature motifs and precious gemstones in intricate settings.
In keeping with the By Charlotte brand and ethos, pieces are intentionally inscribed with uplifting affirmations to inspire the wearer with positivity and optimism.
Known and loved for their iconic Lotus necklace, By Charlotte is the go-to destination for mindful jewellery and gifts that tell stories of love, friendship and cherished moments.
By Charlotte is available at the By Charlotte Flagship boutique in Sydney, www.bycharlotte.com.au and leading retailers worldwide.
By Charlotte is passionate about providing equal opportunities in the workplace and committed to creating and maintaining a culture of collaboration, respect and inclusivity.
The CAD Designer provides a seamless link between artistic design and production. This role works closely with the Director, Head of Design, Product Development Manager and factories to develop CAD renders and deliver consistency in sampling and production.
Qualifications & Experience
- Minimum 5 years CAD experience in the jewellery industry
- Experience in CAD in the jewellery manufacturing environment is essential to this position
- Experience with Software Rhinoceros or Matrix
- Strong attention to detail, thinking and reasoning skills
- The ability to hand draw will be looked up on favourably for this position.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Digitalise 2D hand drawings, concepts and design ideas into 3D CAD models and photo-realistic images
- Act as a vital link in the design process and develop CAD renders that deliver consistency for the production, design and factory partners of the business
- Develop timely and innovative CAD solutions for complex designs and mechanical problems
- Proactively flag critical issues that may impact design, aesthetic, quality or completion timelines
- Develop a stable and easy process for CAD development and share with factories for consistency in quality and sampling
- Collaborate with Head of Design and the Product Development Manager to develop files that are aligned with the creative vision and sampling needs
- Work with the Head of Design to ensure that the artistic design and CAD design are aligned
- Ensure all models are created with best practice and manufacturing standards in mind
- Collaborate with the Product Development Manager to ensure the CAD file translates well into production
- Work alongside Head of Design and the Product Development Manager during the CAD development, sampling and post-production phases
- Provide CAD direction on component breakout and construction
- Develop early sample 3D printing in line with the creative briefs from the design team
- Anticipate and discuss production issues with the Product Development Manager
- Prepare sample production files for CAM
- Work closely with the 3D printing contractor
- Present the result of early samples to the Director and Head of Design
- Develop and prepare the technical sheet and production file for the designs and share with the Product Development Manager
- Provide special renders for marketing and other stakeholders as requested
- Strategise the workflow of the CAD renders to allow the design team to approach seasonal collections 12-months in advance
- Own the development of a CAD library for the BC brand by reworking the existing renders and creating and building new renders
- Create and maintain a structure for the CAD library
- Manage and update workflow tracking documents and reporting on projects, development statuses and completion timelines
Perks You'll Love
- Collaborative environment
- Inclusive, supportive, and creative work culture
- Health, wellness, and development mindset
- Summer Fridays (early knockoff!)
- Dog friendly office
- Generous Staff discount
- Learning and up-skill opportunities
- Career progression
- Regular team social events
To apply please email your cover letter and CV to email@example.com