Location: Sydney, Australia
Founded in 2012 by former makeup artist Charlotte Blakeney, Australian jewellery brand By Charlotte was created to connect hearts and minds.
Each collection is beautifully crafted from sterling silver, vermeil and 14k gold and features signature motifs and precious gemstones in intricate settings.
In keeping with the By Charlotte brand and ethos, pieces are intentionally inscribed with uplifting affirmations to inspire the wearer with positivity and optimism.
Known and loved for their iconic Lotus necklace, By Charlotte is the go-to destination for mindful jewellery and gifts that tell stories of love, friendship and cherished moments.
By Charlotte is available at the By Charlotte Flagship boutique in Sydney, www.bycharlotte.com.au and leading retailers worldwide.
By Charlotte is passionate about providing equal opportunities in the workplace and committed to creating and maintaining a culture of collaboration, respect and inclusivity.
The Content Creator develops photo and video content for social media, marketing materials and other By Charlotte brand platforms. The role works closely with the Graphic Designer, Art Director and Marketing & Brand Manager to deliver creative, well organised and on-brand content that connects with the By Charlotte customer.
Qualifications & Experience
- Be up to date with current and emerging social media and content trends
- Have a proven skill in content creation across multi-platforms, inclusive of TikTok, Instagram and more
- Understand social media best-practice and platform algorithms
- Have strong video editing skills
- Be comfortable in front of and behind the camera for the purposes of the role
- This is a Jr-Mid level role. A minimum of two years experience in a similar position is required
- Experience photographing jewellery will be highly regarded
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Create Instagram and Facebook stories as directed by the Marketing & Brand Manager
- Create video content for Tik Tok and Instagram Reels
- Prioritise best practice and algorithm knowledge to ensure all content that is created and planned will achieve strong engagement results
- Create and edit imagery and video content in line with the developed brand guidelines and existing assets, such as team style, flat lays, behind the scenes, day-to-day content, event and activations content and more
- Shoot and edit product imagery for the By Charlotte website, inclusive of ghost imagery and flat lay imagery
- Liaise with external re-touchers and ensure final edits and assets are in line with the brand standards and guidelines
- Participate in content creation in front of the camera and be a part of the content across all socials channels
- Assist in ad-hoc graphic design tasks as requested and directed by the Graphic Designer and Art Director
- Create GIF’s and animations
- Showcase a high technical skill in the Adobe Creative Suite
- Showcase a strong alignment with the By Charlotte brand tone of voice in photography and video editing and style
- Research and plan out creative content that will engage and connect with the By Charlotte customer
- Stay on the pulse with content creation trends in the digital space to ensure brand content is relevant and innovative
- Work with the marketing team to understand engagement analytics from a high level perspective and suggest innovative content ideas to continue to increase content analytics
- Create a TIKTOK/Reel relevant to By Charlotte using your own jewellery and/or props
- Take a flatlay using your own jewellery
- Please attach these two projects as a compressed file to your email application. Be sure to include your resume and cover letter as attachments to your email application.
To apply please email your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that we are expecting a high volume of applicants for this position. Only successful candidates will be contacted for an interview opportunity. We hope you enjoy the creative process and wish you the best of luck!