Product Development Manager
Location: Sydney, Australia
Founded in 2012 by former makeup artist Charlotte Blakeney, Australian jewellery brand By Charlotte was created to connect hearts and minds.
Each collection is beautifully crafted from sterling silver, vermeil and 14k gold and features signature motifs and precious gemstones in intricate settings.
In keeping with the By Charlotte brand and ethos, pieces are intentionally inscribed with uplifting affirmations to inspire the wearer with positivity and optimism.
Known and loved for their iconic Lotus necklace, By Charlotte is the go-to destination for mindful jewellery and gifts that tell stories of love, friendship and cherished moments.
By Charlotte is available at the By Charlotte Flagship boutique in Sydney, www.bycharlotte.com.au and leading retailers worldwide.
By Charlotte is passionate about providing equal opportunities in the workplace and committed to creating and maintaining a culture of collaboration, respect and inclusivity.
The Product Development Manager oversees the product development lifecycle of the By Charlotte business and consistently pushes the needle forward in terms of sustainability, quality control and capability innovations. The Product Development Manager is an aspirational and key leader in the By Charlotte business and upholds the brand spirit and culture in all aspects of the role.
Qualifications & Experience
- Have 3+ years experience working in a similar role with a jewellery brand of a similar nature
- Have a strong network of offshore and onshore supply and manufacturing partners
- Have a strong understanding of the lay of the land in terms of external sustainability partners and ideally experience in improving and innovating the development phase to champion this across the business
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Work closely with the GM, Director, Design Team and Stock Controller to align the commercial and quality objectives of all product development phases
- Remain on the forefront of development capabilities and functions, with a key focus to move towards best-practice sustainability and the optimisation of onshore and offshore production mix
- Develop seasonal critical paths and an optimal mix of onshore and offshore production process and strategy
- Oversee the end-to-end production and development process of the By Charlotte Business, inclusive of assortment, planning, sourcing, sampling and sustainability
- Explore and drive pre-emptive quality control practices that promote QC as a forethought rather than an afterthought of the development lifecycle
- Support the seamless execution of the product plan across all sales channels, inclusive of tracking and order management in the development phase to align with the overarching critical path
- Act as a sustainability custodian for the brand, advising and implementing positive strides towards best-practice sustainability processes
- Coordinate with the GM, Head of Design and Stock Controller to strategise product planning, margins, GP and assortment to develop seasonal sales and profitability targets
- Build and maintain strong resources and contacts through strategic vendor, contractor and agency relationships
- Work closely with design, sales and marketing to ensure product vision, profitability, quality and sales goals can be met
- Work to optimise the development of By Charlotte packaging and move towards a sustainable mindset
- Work with the creative team to innovate and refine packaging development processes and ensure the brand is working with certified factories
- Assure consistency in delivery and quality of products to ensure all sales channels can achieve set sales targets
To apply please email your cover letter and CV to email@example.com