All of our jewellery is quality checked by a jeweller, plus a member of our dispatch team. However, from time to time, there may be a rare fault.
Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
1.1 We provide this Warranty to you in addition to any rights or remedies you have under the Australian Consumer Law or any other applicable law (Consumer Law Rights).
1.2 Subject to the terms of this Warranty, if during the first 6 months from the date of purchase of the Products from our e-boutique or Sydney Flagship Boutique, or from our Supplier, (Warranty Period) the Products prove defective, as caused by improper workmanship or materials, we will repair the Products, or resupply the Products, or issue a full or partial refund to you with respect to any amount paid for the defective part (or all) of your Your Consumer Law Rights may extend beyond the Warranty Period. We may also offer additional warranties on particular products beyond this Warranty Period.
1.3 If any materials, parts or features required to facilitate any repair or replacement under clause 2 are unavailable or no longer in production, or your style of Product is no longer available or in production, we will use our best efforts to use appropriate equivalent materials, parts, features or styles.
2. Making a valid warranty claim
2.1 To claim the benefit of this Warranty, you must:
- notify us via our return portal here as soon as you become aware that the Products are defective with evidence of proof of purchase of your Products from us and a description and photographs of the claimed defect, and select “Item is Faulty” from the return reason options;
- if we ask you to, you must return the Products together with all packaging, parts, accessories and documentation to the contact details set out below; and
- provide any other information reasonably required by us to assess your claim.
2.2 Where you return the Products as part of a Warranty claim under this clause 1, we will cover the associated costs of you returning the Products to us.
2.3 All claims are assessed by head office by our team of jewellery specialists.
2.4 here we accept your claim under this Warranty, clause 2 will apply.
3. When this warranty applies and when it does not
3.1 Our Products are very delicate and should be handled carefully as explained in our product care card accessable via the QR code that is enclosed with your order.
3.2 This Warranty does not cover any defect which is caused (or partly caused) or contributed to, by any:
- loss of your Products;
- chain breakage (unless caused by improper workmanship or materials);
- reasonable wear and tear of your Products, including tarnishing and fading of plated jewellery;
- act or omission, accident, or negligence by you or any third party not engaged by us (including any third party repairer of your Products);
- failure on your part to follow any instructions provided by us or the manufacturer in relation to your Products;
- use of your Products otherwise than for use specified by us or the manufacturer;
- continued use of your Products (where such use is not reasonable) after any defect in your Products becomes apparent or would have become apparent to a reasonable person;
- failure by you to notify us of any defect in your Products within a reasonable period of time after you become aware of or ought to have reasonably become aware of the relevant defect; or
- act of God or force majeure event (including but not limited to war, riot, invasion, act of terrorism, contamination, earthquake, flood, fire, or other natural disaster, or any other event or circumstance beyond our or the manufacturer's reasonable control).
3.3 Additional Expenses: Any services requested by you to be performed by us (including any services that are additional to repairs carried out by us under clause 2 and deemed by us to not be covered under this Warranty may incur additional charges, which we will advise you of prior to commencing those additional work or services.
4 General and definitions
4.1 We, us, or our means by charlotte Pty Ltd (ACN 605 001 278) and our contact details are set out at the end of this Warranty.
4.2 You, or your means the purchaser of the Products.
4.3 Products means the product supplied to you by us, or our Supplier, pursuant to the by charlotte Terms and Conditions, including those which were purchased from our e-boutique or Sydney Flagship Boutique.
4.4 Supplier means an authorised distributor or retailer of the Products that sold you the Products in Australia.
4.5 This warranty is attached to and forms part of the by charlotte Terms and Conditions and Return Policy.
4.6 This Warranty is only valid and enforceable in Australia and is governed by the laws of New South Wales.
4.7 This Warranty is subject to the by charlotte Terms and Conditions, and in the event of any inconsistency or ambiguity between this Warranty and the by charlotte Terms and Conditions, the by charlotteTerms and Conditions will prevail.
Free Gift - Limited Edition With Love Pink Pearl Bracelet
by charlotte offers a 60-day Warranty on the Gift With Purchase 'With Love Pink Pearl Bracelet’. The Warranty period starts on the 10th of November 2022 (start date of promo) and finishes on the 14th of January 2023. The Warranty covers against manufacturing faults only. It does not cover wear and tear, or loss. Order confirmation/ proof of purchase is required for all claims under Warranty.
Exclusive 14k Gold Sacred Lotus Diamond Necklace
by charlotte offers an extended 1-year Warranty on the 14K Gold Sacred Lotus Diamond Lotus Necklace. The Warranty Period starts on the date the product is purchased and finishes 365 days after. The Warranty covers against manufacturing faults only. It does not cover wear and tear, or loss. Proof of purchase is required for all claims under Warranty.
Contact us for further details:
by charlotte Pty Ltd (ACN 605 001 278)
by charlotte Sydney Flagship
43 William St Paddington NSW 2021
(02) 8030 7095
Last updated: 1 December 2022